1. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
When we have a dream, life seems to have a meaning. Having a dream gives us ambition to work hard to achieve it. And by living each day filled with hope and perseverance, life will definitely be interesting.
2. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.
We often judge each other of all the mistakes others make, but we seldom admit our own mistakes. Therefore, we try to change the ways others live their lives, but do not change ourselves. I have been guilty of doing this, but I’m learning not to be so judgmental of the ways others live their lives but to be more aware of how I live mine.
3. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
When we really desire something, then there is nothing stopping us from achieving it.
4. Making a decision is only the beginning of things.
Decisions are only the starting points of journeys; it is only by making a decision that we can move forward. The decisions you make aren’t very important – it’s what you learn along the way that is.
5. If what one finds is made of pure matter, it will never spoil. And one can always come back. If what you had found was only a moment of light, like the explosion of a star, you would find nothing on your return.
This to me means that we shouldn’t let our present hinder us from achieving what we want for our future. If we really want something, then we should be ready to risk what we have for it. However, if the things of the past or present are truly valuable, they will always remain with us, so we shouldn’t be too worried or afraid.
6. Wherever your heart is, that is where you’ll find your treasure.
Sometimes I find it hard to pursue something that I love because my thoughts and worries inhibit me to do so. However, if we learn to just do whatever we enjoy, then we can be truly happy.
7. The darkest hour of the night came just before the dawn.
As long as there is good, there will also be bad. Sometimes, the bad may seem unbearable and incessant, but if we endure it, then an auspicious future will surely come.
8. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
There is actually nothing that holds us back except for ourselves. Once we remove the negativity from our minds and replace it with optimism and determination, then anything is possible.
9. When you possess great treasures within you, and try to tell others of them, seldom are you believed.
Even when you have the potential and capability to do great things, there will always be obstacles that will hold you back from achieving them. The only way you can succeed is by having faith in yourself even when no one else will.
10. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.
This quote to me means: attitude is everything. When we try to become positive and open-minded, everything around us will seem to be good too.